18 December 2012

Just In Case

I do doubt that there is someone out there that hasn't seen Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) but in the odd case anyone actually has yet to watch it I have to recommend it.

It's a stop motion animated film that started out as a poem by Burton and eventually was developed into a film. The main character is Jack Skellington who lives in a town called Halloween. He and the citizens of Halloween are responsible for that holiday here in our world. But Jack has grown tired of it and wants something else - he just doesn't know what. Until he seem to stumble upon it.

It might seem weird to recommend it now, right around Christmas, but it is indeed as most splendid Christmas film!

So there you have it. And I will end this by saying that though I have seen quite a few of Tim Burton's films throughout the years I can't say I am that big of a fan. I like some of his movies better than others and I often like the overall vibe his films tend to have. And his sense of humour. But The Nightmare Before Christmas was and remains his one true masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment