28 December 2012

Silly Sandler

Admittedly it has been a few years since I last watched it but I would still like to recommend one of Sandler's earlier full-lenght works; Little Nicky (2000). (Written by Adam Sandler and Tim Herlihy and directed by Steven Brill)

As per usual it is rather silly. Ridiculous at times. But just like typical Sandler it has a warm tone to it and a bit of moral to the story. I remember I loved it when I was a young teenager and, in all honesty, I do still like Adam Sandler's films, silly as they may be.

So, Little Nicky is more or less typical Sandler. The small twist is that Nicky is Satan's youngest of three sons. And while Nicky's mother was an Angel and Nicky is very sweet and kind his brothers Adrian and Cassius are not particularly nice. When they learn that their father wants to entrust the throne to no one of them they travel to earth to wreck havoc and it's up to little Nicky to save Earth. Cue the madness!

It's a fun film and hopefully something you can enjoy while waiting for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment